Skilled nursing facilities in North Dakota are licensed by the state and certified by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to participate in the Medicare/Medicaid programs. North Dakota Health Department's Division of Health Facilities has the contract for conducting the Medicare/Medicaid certification survey for CMS in these nursing facilities.
- List of Nursing home facilities in North Dakota
- Search by county to find a Nursing home Facility near you
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Nursing Home Compare Website
- General email for LTC Complaints and Concerns. The email address is LTCconcerns@nd.gov
- AHFSA LTC Facility Infection Prevention& Control Resource List with Focus on C.Diff
Nurse Aide Registry and Abuse Investigation
The Division of Health Facilities is designated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services as the agency responsible for the registration of certified nursing assistants (CNAs). In addition to maintaining the registry, the Division receives and investigates allegations of abuse in long term care facilities. There are over 10,000 people registered to practice as certified nurse aides in the state of North Dakota.
Public Posting of Funded CMP Projects
Music & Memory
- Project Title - Music & Memory Initiative
- Duration of the project - Phase 1 until 12/31/2019 and Phase II until 12/31/2021
- Dollar Amount Awarded for the Project- Phase I $125,997 and Phase II $150,821
- Project Purpose and Goals – The initiative’s purpose and goals is develop a personalized music program as a non-pharmacological intervention strategy for nursing facilities that complements the CMS Partnership effort to reduce use of antipsychotics for residents diagnosed with dementia and related disorders resulting in a marked improvement in affected residents’ quality of life.
- Awardee Name - Quality Health Associates of Minot
- Project Results (e.g., outcome and lessons learned) There has not been enough time since the official launch of the previous ND Music and Memory℠ Initiative in January 2019 to determine program impact in official CMS National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care numbers due to delayed nature of national reporting. However, review of CASPER data for the facilities that are currently participating in this initiative reflects an improvement in all of the following QMs when comparing data prior to the launch (Q42018) to the most recent quarter (Q32019): Falls with Major Injury (L), Self-Reported Mod/Severe Pain (L), Excess Weight Loss (L), Depression Symptoms (L), and Antipsychotic Meds (L).
- Other key information, such as whether improvements have been institutionalized as a result of the project. Antidotal comments from facilities indication the music program is working well.
Nurse Aide Training and Evaluation Program
The Division of Health Facilities reviews and approves the certified nurse aide training programs throughout the state. Currently there are approximately 56 of these training programs approved by the Division of Health Facilities.
- Certified Nurse Aide Training Programs
- Nurse Aide Training Program Application for Approval Form
- Nurse Aide Training Program Curriculum Wording Requirements
- North Dakota Administrative Rules for Nurse Aide Training Programs, related State Code 33-07-06
North Dakota Century Code and Administrative Rules
- North Dakota Licensing Rules for Nursing Facilities, Chapter 33-07-03.2
- North Dakota General Standards of Construction and Equipment for Nursing Facilities, Chapter 33-07-04.2
- Paid Feeding Assistants, Chapter 33-07-03.2-16.1
Electronic Plan of Corrections
Rural Health Information Hub
The Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub) is the nation's rural health information source. The website offers an online library, coverage of rural issues, state guides, toolkits, program models, and more. RHIhub provides customized assistance by phone or email and is funded by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy. For more information follow this link:
Quality Health Associates of North Dakota serves as a link between healthcare providers and the community.
- SFN 14230 Application for License to Operate A Nursing Facility