ND currently has Critical Access Hospitals, General Acute Hospitals, Long Term Acute Care Hospitals, Psychiatric Hospitals, Rehab Hospitals, Indian Health Services Hospitals and Transplant Hospitals. In addition to certification, ND also licenses hospitals as Primary Care or General Acute.
- List of Hospitals in North Dakota
- US Dept of Health and Human Services Medicare Hospital Compare Website
- Search for a Critical Access / Acute Hospital near you
North Dakota Century Code and Administrative Rules
- North Dakota Century Code for Health and Safety, Chapter 23-01
- North Dakota Century Code for Health and Safety, Chapter 23-16
- North Dakota Licensing Rules for Hospitals, Chapter 33-07-01.1
- North Dakota General Standards of Construction and Equipment for Hospitals, Chapter 33-07-02.1
- Food Establishments, Lodging Establishments and Assisted Living Facilities - NDAC 33-33-04 (Food Code 2012)
- SFN 8001, Application for License to Operate a Hospital
The Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub) is the nation's rural health information source. The website offers an online library, coverage of rural issues, state guides, toolkits, program models, and more. RHIhub provides customized assistance by phone or email and is funded by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy. For more information follow this link:
- Rural Health Information Hub
The North Dakota Center for Rural Health, Critical Access Hospital (CAH) Quality Network supports ongoing performance improvement of North Dakota's CAHs.
- CAH Quality Network Website
Quality Health Associates of North Dakota serves as a link between healthcare providers and the community.
- Quality Health Associates of North Dakota Website
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services provides additional information on licensing and regulations of Critical Access Hospitals.
- Appendix W: Survey Protocol, Regulations and Interpretive Guidelines for CAH's and Swing Beds in CAH's
- Appendix A: Survey Protocol, Regulations and Interpretive Guidelines for Hospitals
- Appendix AA: Survey Procedures and Interpretive Guidelines for Psychiatric Hospitals