What is a car seat checkup?
Car seat checkups teach the public how to correctly use their child’s car seat or seat belt. At checkups, trained and certified child passenger safety technicians work with the public to ensure that children are restrained according to their specific needs. Five out of six car seats are used incorrectly in North Dakota. Car seats are checked to be sure:
- They have not been recalled.
- They meet federal safety standards.
- They are installed correctly.
- They are appropriate according to the age, weight and height of children.
- The child is secured correctly in the seat.
Is your city not listed? Find your local technicians by searching here https://cert.safekids.org/ (click on find a tech and enter city/state into the search) or call the ND Department of Health at 800-472-2286, press 1.