The Division of Special Health Services seeks to implement family centered, community-based systems of coordinated care for children and youth with special health care needs. At its most basic, family centered care is the partnership between families and professionals at all levels working together for the best interest of the child and the family.
SHS Family Advisory Council
- SHS Family Advisory Council Member Application
- SHS Family Advisory Council Job Description
- Family Advisory Council Meeting Minutes
North Dakota Family Support Organizations
- Family Voices of ND is a grassroots non-profit organization that acts as a healthcare information center for ND families that have children, youth and adults with special healthcare needs.
- Pathfinder Services of ND is a statewide non-profit organization serving the needs of North Dakota families with children with learning difficulties or educational needs.
- ND Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health is a parent-run organization focused on the needs of children and youth with emotional, behavioral or mental disorders and their families.