North Dakota Medical Facility Table Top and Full Scale Exercises - 2018
Listed below are links to table-top and full-scale exercises for 2018. For each exercise listed there is a brief overview, including exercise prerequisites and objectives. A point of contact and/or an associated registration link is provided.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has put forth requirements for hospitals and long term care facilities that include completion of one table-top exercise (TTX) and one full-scale exercise (FSE) annually. To receive the proper credit for these exercises the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requires participation, not observation in the exercises being held. Please note, not all listed exercises may be compliant with CMS requirements. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the participating facility to ensure exercise is approved and CMS compliant.
The North Dakota Long Term Care Association hosts a table-top exercise that is held during their annual spring and fall conferences. A link is provided to access the Long Term Care Conference registration page for each conference.
Questions about exercises may be directed to Alan Aarhus, Education/Training Coordinator for the Emergency Preparedness and Response Section of the North Dakota Department of Health, at 701-328-2270 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dickinson Full Scale Exercise: October 10, 2018
- This full scale exercise gives partners a chance to test their internal and external response, on dealing with a winter storm.
- Prerequisites (recommended but not required): ICS 100 and ICS 700; Knowledge of HAN Assets
- Registration Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Contact: Sherry Adams, Southwestern District Health Unit
Devils Lake Full Scale Exercise: October 30, 2018
- This full scale exercise will consist of a flood scenario requiring evacuation of a medical facility.
- All necessary training and exercise will be conducted as part of the exercise
- Participants will receive instructions and hands on practice to meet objectives
- There are no prerequisites for this exercise
- For information and registration click HERE