Division of Emergency Medical Systems
The Division of Emergency Medical Systems (DEMS) serves as North Dakota's lead emergency medical services (EMS) agency.
DEMS is responsible for:
- Licensing ambulance services and quick response units.
- Training, testing, certification and licensure of EMS personnel.
- Coordinating the State Trauma System.
- Administering the EMS for Children Program.
- Coordinating the State CISM Team.
- Coordinating the State Stroke System of Care.
- Coordinating the State Cardiac System of Care.
2017 National Rural EMS Conference: Building Integration & Leadership for the Future
Our website is continuously under construction. If you are looking for something that is not available on the website at this time, please contact us.
Are you interested in joining the North Dakota Public Health Emergency Volunteer Reserve (PHEVR)/ Medical Reserve Corps (MRC)? Our mission is to improve the health and safety of communities across North Dakota through the organization of volunteers sharing the common goals to serve their communities in times of need, prevention, and proactive planning. Click the link below for further information and online registration.