Reporting a potential foodborne illness helps us to identify foodborne illness outbreaks in North Dakota and prevent the spread of illness to others. Foodborne illness often occurs 1 to 4 days after eating contaminated foods.
To report a foodborne illness complaint:
- Email Disease Control. Please put Foodborne Illness Complaint in the subject and include in the body of the email the date of the incident, the menu items consumed, and the name and address of the business, or
- Call Disease Control at 701-328-2378.
What happens after I report a foodborne illness complaint?
- We will forward your report to the environmental health staff responsible for inspecting the location that you mentioned.
- All information we collect about your illness is private. We will not release your name to anyone outside the public health system without your permission.
- We may ask you for a stool sample sot that we can determine what is making you ill.