- This information is only applicable for events held by the North Dakota Department of Health or local public health units. If you had a sample taken at a private health care facility, please reach out to your health care provider.
- If you opted to receive an e-notification of your test results, you will be prompted to enter your date of birth.
How do I access my test result?
- The Citizen Portal - Provides you direct access to your test result and the result copy 24 hours a day.
- You will need to create or use an existing NDLogin and associate it with your TestReg registration account. An NDLogin is an account that can be used to access multiple online services provided by North Dakota state government (ex. Game & Fish, Job Service, Parks and Recreation) without the need to create a new account for each service.
- You will be prompted to create an account when accessing your result e-notification and when registering for a test at testreg.nd.gov.
- Results will only be visible once they are completed: normally within 72 hours for PCR and 1 hour for Rapid Antigen tests.
- Here are step-by-step instructions for creating and accessing an account:
- Online Survey - Complete this online survey to receive a PDF of your test result by email.
- An online survey may be completed anytime after a test is performed. Survey requests are monitored Monday – Saturday from 8am – 7pm. Holidays may affect these times.
- Result Notification Line
- If you are unable to access your results using the Citizen Portal or the Online Survey, call the result notification line at 701-204-6664 Monday through Saturday from 8am to 7pm. Holidays may affect these times.
If Your Test is Positive
Individuals with a positive test result will be notified by e-notification or phone call within 3 days from when the lab gets the sample, but may vary depending on a variety of factors (e.g. the time required to get the sample to the lab, number of samples that need to be tested, etc). Once you receive this e-notification/call, please stay at home. Others that live with you in the same household should also stay at home. Soon after, you will receive another call from a COVID-19 caseworker that will provide you with instructions for you and your family and will ask questions to help identify other individuals that you may have been in close contact with. The phone call may come from an out-of-state number. You can expect this call with your caseworker to take up to one hour.
If your test was positive and you need documentation or confirmation, ask your case worker. Or, you can find how to access your Test Result above.
If you are having difficulty accessing your test result, call the result notification line at 701-204-6664 Monday through Saturday from 8am to 7pm. Holidays may affect these times.
If Your Test is Negative
Individuals with a negative test result will be notified within 3 days, but may vary depending on a variety of factors (e.g. the time required to get the sample to the lab, number of samples that need to be tested, etc). The notification will occur through an automated notification as requested through the preregistration process OR a phone call from Noridian Healthcare Solutions or North Dakota Department of Health personnel. If you were expecting an email notification and didn't get one, please check your spam mailbox.