Disease Report Card
Complete the ND Morbidity Report Card to report COVID-19 Results. Choose COVID from the Disease or Condition selection line. Please wait for the confirmation page after each submission to ensure results are processed
COVID-19 is a Mandatory Reportable Condition
North Dakota Administrative Rules 33-06-01 requires the reporting of novel severe acute respiratory illness, which includes COVID-19. North Dakota health care providers are required to report all individuals who tested for COVID-19 to the NDDoH (positive, negative, or inconclusive).
- Positive test results need to be immediately reported to the Division of Disease Control by calling 1-800-472-2180 or by submitting an online report at this website. Positive, negative, and inconclusive tests need to be reported as required by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- For labs outside of North Dakota, the national AIMS platform is the preferred method of reporting through HL7 Messages. Please visit https://aimsplatform.com/ for more information and complete this form to register with AIMS to begin reporting ELR.
- Electronic Reporting through the submission of HL7 Messages is preferred when possible. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about setup and validation
- Batch submission of multiple test results may be completed using a standardized csv format. Email email@example.com for more information about setup and validation
- Long Term Care Facilities reporting individual test reports to NHSN (not aggregated counts) are fulfilling their requirement to report to the state at the same time, and do not need to report to the state independently.
- Facilities reporting individual test reports using PowerApps (TestReg, MS Dynamics) are fulfilling their requirement to report to the state.
- Simple Report is an easy Point of Care portal operated by the CDC. Register online here!
What is Required?
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Address (Street, City, State, Zip, County)
- Telephone Number.
- Specimen Collection Date
- Specimen Source (e.g. NP, OP, Saliva)
- Name of Test (PCR, Antigen, Antibody)
- Test Result (Positive, Negative, Inconclusive)
- Result Date
- Special Notes (optional)
- Name of Lab or Clinic
- Name of Person Reporting
- Phone of Person Reporting or Facility
- Facility Type (e.g. Clinic, College, Correctional Facility, Family Planning, Hospital, Lab, LTC, LPHU, School, Tribal, Other Clinic, Unknown) (optional)
- Specimen Identifying Number (optional)