- CDC Tickborne Diseases Website
- Tickborne Diseases of the United States: A Reference Manual for Healthcare Providers
- An online reference for healthcare providers
- CDC Tick ID
- Pictures of the most common ticks that bite people
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Insect Repellents
- Find the repellent that is right for you
2018 & 2017
The North Dakota Department of Health partnered with North Daktoa veterinary clinics and zoos to conduct tick surveillance throughout the state to provide information on the distribution of ticks in North Dakota. Ticks were collected from animals and submitted to the NDDoH each week for identification and tick-borne pathogen analysis.
The North Dakota Department of Health collaborated with North Dakota State University and the University of North dakota to conduct tick surveillance throughout the state to tdetermine the presence of the deer tick in North Dakota. Ticks were collected at sites around the state, with an emphasis on the eastern side of the state and where the habitat is more likely to support a deer tick population.